High Five! Our wines are making waves…
Bot River wines have been celebrating some rave reviews and ratings recently:
Platter Five Star nominations:
• Beaumont Hope Marguerite (2012) – Nominated for the 6th time in a row for a Platter 5 Star (received it for 3 vintages)
• Luddite has two wines nominated for 5 Star status – Shiraz 2009 and the Saboteur 2009. Results to be announced in November. www.wineonaplatter.com
• Gabrielskloof Shiraz 2010 – Scooped a Gold medal at the 2013 Concours Mondial de Bruxelles wine challenge held in Luxembourg and was a Top 20 finalist in this year’s Shiraz SA Wine Challenge. Gabrielkloof’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil 2013 excelled with Gold status at the 2013 SA Olive Awards and an ABSA Top 5 award.
• Wildekrans Pinotage 2011 – 2013 ABSA Top Ten and Trophy winner at the Michelangelo awards. Chenin Barrel select reserve 2011 won the Novare Terroir top Chenin Blanc. Pinotage barrel select reserve 2011 won Decanter Gold medal – to name but a few.
• New Releases – Eerstehoop Pinot Noir 2011, Raoul’s Rose 2013, Feiteiras Verdelho 2013
• Rivendell have released a handmade bean to bar chocolate from Austria that’s been infused with their Rivendell Sauvignon Blanc 2011